Just a quick follow-up to last week’s story about Michigan State University Extension 4-H Exploration Days. Judy Ratkos always does a great job of documenting the outputs for Exploration Days (should fit well with the emphasis on logic models in our new program emphases!), which helps us measure the program’s growth and success. Here are just a few to give you the highlights:
- A total of 2,656 people attended; 2,024 were youth participants.
- Twice as many girls attended than boys.
- Nearly sixty percent have attended the event more than once; in fact, almost 10 percent have attended five or more times.
- More than 54 percent have been in 4-H for four or more years.
- Almost 290 session instructors/helpers offered 200 sessions.
- Adult volunteers contributed at least 23,000 hours of their time to 4-H Exploration Days this year (and many used precious vacation days from work in order to volunteer their time and to sleep in hot muggy dorm rooms).
Below are photos of some of the participants in the 4-H’s Got Talent show.