One thing about a virtual conference is that you don’t have to wait for the conference to get engaged. The 2010 MSU Extension Fall Conference (FEC10) officially runs Oct. 18–22, but if you are at all active on social media, you can start learning about this annual professional development opportunity now.
Here are a few suggestions:
- If you don’t already have a twitter account, create one! And then search for tweets using #FEC10.
- Become a fan of Fall Extension Conference on Facebook, and participate in the discussions.
- Ensure you have a high-speed connection (preferably hard-wired), a headset or speakers, and a microphone.
- Familiarize yourself (or get re-acquainted) with Skype and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Have an office party – discuss with others in your office what sessions they are participating in, and consider setting up in the same room to extend your learning experience.