The 2011 Fall Extension Conference – Oct. 11 and 12 and virtual sessions on Oct. 18 and 20 – is less than three weeks away.
Here’s a top ten list of things to do to make this a successful FEC!
10. Register before Oct. 5 at http://web2.msue.msu.edu/fallconference/registration.cfm.
9. Book your hotel room, if needed.
8. Get a signed travel authorization, if needed.
7. Create a twitter account, and search for tweets using #FEC11.
6. Become a fan of Fall Extension Conference on Facebook.
5. For the virtual sessions, please ensure you have a high-speed connection (preferably hard wired), headset or speakers and a microphone.
4. For the virtual sessions, please go through the online training for Adobe Connect: https://support.anr.msu.edu/support/adobe_connect.
3. Please participate in the setup sessions for the virtual sessions. Participants can test their microphones and headsets at this site to ensure they are adequately working. Hosts and presenters should also attend a training session. For more information, go to http://fec.msue.msu.edu/fec/help_desk.
2. If your virtual session uses Skype, please familiarize yourself with Skype and create a profile: www.skype.com.
1. Have an office party: Discuss with others in your office what sessions they are participating in and consider setting up in the same room to extend your learning experience.
We’re looking forward to a successful experience that will help us “go right through” our challenges.