It’s always great to be able to tell our story and get the word out about Michigan State University Extension’s contributions to the state’s residents. One method of communication is radio.
Andy Hayes, MSU Extension educator in the Greening Michigan Institute and president of the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance, does a weekly Internet-based radio show on the Michigan Business Network called “Around the State.”
His program airs every Thursday at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. It can be downloaded afterward anytime online as a podcast. Each session, Andy focuses on a theme and all six interviews that hour tie to that theme.
On the May 8 broadcast, the theme was MSU Extension. Andy interviewed six MSU Extension educators including:
- Mark Breederland on the importance of educating to advance entrepreneurship
- Frank Gublo on emerging farm management
- Mark Hitchcock on the importance of supporting our own food systems to in turn support our economy
- Kathy Jamison on the importance of educating future entrepreneurs for overall career success
- Mark Thomas on the MSU Product Center
- Kendra Wills on the Grand Rapids Downtown Market
Click on the following link below to listen to each 6-minute session: http://michiganbusinessnetwork.com/radio/Around_the_State
Check out the Michigan Business Network website to listen to more shows that include MSU Extension educators.
If you have a business-related topic you’d like to discuss on the air, contact Andy at ANDY@NORTHERNLAKES.NET.
We’re grateful for the opportunity to communicate our message.