Michigan State University (MSU) Extension is a large organization. We couldn’t have the impact that we do without our program assistants, program instructors, program coordinators and support staff. This year, we’re saying goodbye to members of our organization that have helped us in so many ways. Next week on May 16, the MSU Awards Convocation will honor awardees, staff members who have met key milestones for service and those who retired this past year. It will take place at the Big 10 Room in the Kellogg Center at 4:30 p.m. I would like to take a moment to honor our Extension colleagues who are retiring this year:
- Judith Lentz Bishop, Extension financial transaction assistant, MSU Extension Business Office
- Diane Miner, administrative support, Southwest Michigan Research and Extension Center
- Susan Monroe, Extension financial transaction assistant, MSU Extension Business Office
- Suzanne Ridge, administrative support, Natural Features Inventory
- Anna Tran, Extension program assistant in health and nutrition
- Denise Trayser, Extension nutrition program instructor
I would like to encourage you to take a moment and think about how you have worked with our retiring staff members and to send them a note thanking them. In our busy work, sometimes we forget to thank those that we serve alongside of in meeting the needs of our communities.
Farewell, have a wonderful retirement, and don’t be a stranger!