I am pleased to announce that the Michigan State University (MSU) Fall Extension Conference (FEC) registration is open. The theme of the conference is Strengthening Our Focus: Living the Brand. I want to take a moment to encourage you to look over the outstanding content of the conference and make arrangements to join us. In an organization as large as ours, it is important that we have a chance to come together once a year to engage with each other, collaborate, grow and celebrate who we are and what we do.
The FEC is put together by a committee made up of your peers, with colleagues who represent our organization geographically and by type of Extension position. We set up the committee two years ago to make sure we created a conference that serves everyone.
With a focus on “Living the Brand: Strengthening Our Focus,” the FEC planning committee has built upon the success of last year’s conference and made some additional changes. Most noticeably, a reimagined Extension Celebration will take the place of the traditional Tuesday evening banquet. Please plan to join us for the evening as we celebrate our Key Partners and Friends of Extension, and enjoy a customized one-of-a-kind performance of the Wharton Center workshop piece “Temple,” which showcases the life of the famous Temple Grandin. Attendance at the Extension Celebration is part of your registration and there is no additional cost to participate, although we do ask that you RSVP to ensure accurate meal counts.
Some additional highlights that I hope will entice your interest:
- MSU athletic director Mark Hollis as key speaker
- A special guest appearance by Sparty
- Workshops on the move and sessions to help with core competencies: Marketing and Quality Service, and Program Implementation and Delivery
- A new workshop on the move designed for field and campus support staff
- Multiple opportunities to learn about colleagues across the state – from videos to photo slide presentations
- A chance to win a fantastic array of prizes by using the passport process
- Q&A with Mark Burnham, MSU vice president for government affairs, and Heather Swain from Communication and Brand Strategy
With all the hard work and collaboration of the FEC planning committee and the committed events management staff, I think this will be the best FEC yet!
Make sure you register early and book your rooms before the spaces fill. Go to http://fec.msue.msu.edu/ to register, book rooms and find out more information about the conference.