The 2017 Fall Extension Conference (FEC) planning committee members have made exciting plans for our Tuesday evening Michigan State University (MSU) Extension Celebration and are thrilled that it will take place at Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions. That evening, we will celebrate with our Key Partner awardees and special guests, and enjoy activities together.
This one-of-a-kind event will feature:
- A networking reception and on-field activities.
- A special appearance by former Detroit Lions kicker Jason Hanson.
- The MSU Extension awards presentation.
- Praise for 100 Years of MSU Extension in Detroit from MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon.
We will also enjoy a unique performance called “The Al McKenzie Orchestra Performs a Motown Revue.” The show, featuring Detroit-based talent, will consist of songs by the Temptations, The Four Tops, Martha and the Vandellas, The Supremes, Mary Wilson, Edwin Star, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and many other Motown acts. To learn more about the selection of artists participating in the evening’s musical entertainment, visit https://www.amacrecords.com/, or to hear a sampling of music by Al McKenzie, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRPXw98TlrI.
And don’t forget to share a photo. At FEC, you will be able to share digital photos throughout the conference using a smartphone in two ways:
- Send the photo as an attachment to FECdetroit@gmail.com. (You do not need the Instagram app for this option, just email.)
- Post it to your own Instagram account with the hashtag #FECdetroit in the caption.
You’ll be able to view all the digital photos at www.instagram.com/FECdetroit. (You do not need the Instagram app for this, just a web browser.)
Several instant cameras will be available for use. They are similar to the old-style Polaroid cameras that take photos and print instantly. You can display any instant photos you want to share on a photo wall that will be set up in the Woodward Ballroom.
Looking forward to celebrating and seeing you next week!